5.9.09

Familiar Faces

I tracked down my old friend Damian from primary school the other day. Tracking down people from primary school instead of say - waiting til 30 and perusing through old uni mates, because of course you are already properly developed human beings...created inside jokes together that are not about Jenga, but about that particularly inebriated Saturday evening. You played Xbox360 not the Sega Megadrive together. You drank coca cola, not vodka. You slept in the same room on the same uncomfortable floor - not in seperate camp beds in seperate bedrooms because your mum didnt want you sleeping in the same room.

So obviously it was going to be odd - but me and Damian used to be inseperable folks. Even when I left my old primary school we kept in touch. We even went to Radio 1's big weekend together. And play twister. Always!

I've always half-wondered where he has been and what he was doing now - and by chance I managed to correctly spell his ridiculously hard to remember last name right for once in Facebook and I found him.

Suffice to say things were not promising from the off..he has a skinhead now. Big cheeky brown eyed face remains intact. But chains and England shirts are now interspersed within the ensemble, fogging up my childhood nostalgia somewhat ha.

I messaged him in vain hope - but he didn't really recognise me. When I hastily reminded him he went 'ah yeh i sorta remember classic times. lol.'

Oh dear :)

2 comments:

  1. No fun!
    Although I have recently done EXACTLY the same thing!!!
    My best BEST friend from primary school now makes a living selling weed & has two toddlers & a scary looking staffordshire bull terrier!
    I didn't go as far as saying hello on facebook sadly!
    Ah well eh :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my bestbest friend went to fucking disneyland paris together! I reminded him and he was like 'oh yeh funny times!'

    So odd.

    I was hoping he would turn into a cool hot young man who perhaps enjoyed topical comedies. Haha no such luck. Bad luck about yours too! You should SO message them! x

    ReplyDelete