6.10.09

Just a little thing

MY UNI FUCKED UP, NOT ME. I am not stupid after all. I might get to go back to Year 2 now. And wouldn't that be nice. Now here is a very simple poem. You know the phrase 'simple yet effective?' I feel this is simple, and not so much effecting of anything. Ha ha.



Your Night

Well, it isn’t mine.
It’s unequivocally yours.
And that’s completely fine
So please - shut the door

Let me sleep
Let me filter out the gloom
And fall into deep
Seeping sleep in my room

I am sad and you’re not
And that’s completely fine.
These feelings I’ve got
Are not yours, they are mine

So please close the door
And don’t turn on the light
Because this is my flaw
But this is your night

Your night. Your night
To showcase your glee
To the noise and bright lights
And forget about me

To pour liquor and spirits
Merrily down your throat
And to take life and live it
And feel yourself float

To the edge of the earth
As high as you might
This is what your worth
This is your night

Your night your night
To retrieve pairs of lips
To express your delight
Through wandering fingertips

And to dance on the street
With effervescent grace
With the people you meet
And willingly embrace

And that’s completely fine.
As my skin meshes with the sheets
Of my bed and intertwines
With my neck and my feet

As I drift off and slumber
And hope I don’t wake
As floating shapes and numbers
Make my eyelids shake

And that’s completely fine.
Because as try as I might
This night is mine
And this is your night.

No comments:

Post a Comment